Thursday, August 03, 2006

Priorities (and Dr. Phil)

I posted a funny about Dr. Phil a few posts back. After reading the post, Chrissy Olinger, sent me an article she wrote "That Dog Won't Hunt: How I Discovered Dr. Phil is a Big Fat Liar". If you're interested, check out her website. Chrissy has written several fabulous articles on body image and size acceptance.

Anyway, the article got me thinking about dieting. I'm on the LA Weight Loss plan right now. And I've had some success with it, but the weight is not coming off as steadily or as quickly as I'd like. Now, don't get me wrong, after I lose weight, I am still going to be a porky. No doubt about it. I would just like to be a little less porky.

Why has my weight loss plateaued? National conference. PMS. Dr. Phil (and other diet gurus) would probably say something like, I am not making losing weight a priority. And it's true - at this point, I'm not. But is that really the key?

It seems like everything is a priority -writing, exercising, eating right, getting enough sleep, getting to work each day, staying healthy. I don't know how to fit it all in! And don't tell me to relax about the housework. I'm relaxed already! Seriously, Mr. Bebe is a fantastic hubby - he does laundry, dishes, takes out the trash. In general, he makes sure that I can spend my evenings focused on writing.

How do you prioritize your priorities?

Posted by Bebe :: 10:29 PM :: 12 Comments:

Post / Read Comments