Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Luck of the Irish

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!

Believe it or not, I'm not of Norwegian descent. I know a lot of people assume I am because of Aurora's Passion. I'm a second generation Irish American. It's true. My maternal grandparents came to the United States in the 1920's. My Nana (paternal grandmother) is also Irish. Her parents came to America shortly before she was born in 1919.

Yeah, so? Well, this means if I wanted to, I could claim a dual citizenship in the US and Ireland. Seriously, I could get an Irish passport and everything, which could come in handy if I ever want to move to Europe.

Anyway, I thought I'd share some Irish sayings today in honor of my wonderful 88 year-old Nana and in memory of my Grandma & Grandpa.


If you're lucky enough to be Irish, then you're lucky enough.

Beware of people who dislike cats

There are good ships, and there are wood ships, the ships that sail the sea.
But the best ships are friendships, and may they always be.


May you never forget what is worth remembering,
Or remember what is best forgotten.

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you
In the palm of his hand.

and my personal favorite...

"They're always after me Lucky Charms!"



Posted by Bebe :: 12:32 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post / Read Comments