Thursday, April 05, 2007

I'm Sick and Tired...

... of being tired and sick! I've been incognito lately because I've been fighting a nasty sinus infection. I don't know why, but this type of infection hits me particularly hard. I've been taking antibiotics for almost a week and just when I think I've got it licked, the coughing, wheezing, stuffy head, throat-on-fire, head-achy feeling starts all over again! Woe is me! LOL

Anyway, the silver lining to feeling so... well, crappy is that I've been doing a lot of reading. I just finished reading Nora Roberts' Key Trilogy. I also finished Northern Lights, recently. It's been awhile since I've read Nora. I used to be a huge fan girl, until I started writing seriously, and then I found myself picking her books apart. Yes, Nora is the consummate storyteller, but she is the consummate head-hopper, too! Still, reading her books is like eating a big old bowl of your mom's macaroni and cheese - warm, familiar, and comforting.

Next on the TBR list is Barbara Clark's Tears of the Hawk from Amber Quill and Elizabeth Berg's The Year of Pleasures from Ballantine. Ms. Clark is a new author and Ms. Berg is one of my favorites.

Do you have a "comfort food" author? Or book? Or movie?

Posted by Bebe :: 11:09 AM :: 8 Comments:

Post / Read Comments