Sunday, April 22, 2007

It's Progress, Right?

I can hardly believe that I haven't updated the blog since last Sunday. I've had a fairly busy week, and while I have no writing news to report, the week was still a good one.

I've been doing pretty good on the Weight Watchers point system. I've lost 5 lbs. this week. I've got many more to go, of course, but I feel proud of myself that I stuck with it. The great thing about WW is that I can eat whatever I want. That's also the bad thing about WW. So far, so good, though. I even bought these neat food containers to bring my breakfast and lunch to work. I got the Lunch on the Go and Breakfast Chiller. Now, I just have to make sure I pack them the night before!

I have not gone back to the gym, yet. I walked the beach and boardwalk this weekend, so that counts as exercise, right? Right.

Anyway, I took a few pictures at the beach. This first one is in Longport, NJ. The plan on Saturday morning was to drive to Ocean City, Maryland. But I slept in, so we drove over to Atlantic City and made a right. This was our first stop. My husband and I collect shells, and we found some fabulous ones at this spot.



Driving back, we saw this elephant in Margate, NJ, and of course, had to stop to investigate.



"Lucy" is a National Historic Landmark, is 6 stories tall and was "born" in 1881. It's quirky, and you know how I like quirky.

And finally, I didn't take this picture, but...



...I'm gonna miss Sanjaya. I know a few posts back I wrote about American Idol jumping the shark, and I still think it's true. But I liked this kid. He's not the best singer, but he's not the worst, either. The judges complain that he's out of his league. Duh. Most of this year's contestants are underwhelming. But, hey, they put him on the show. And he may just have saved it. Besides, I think the show takes itself waaaaaaay too seriously.

So, that's what's up with me. What's up with you?

Posted by Bebe :: 9:23 PM :: 6 Comments:

Post / Read Comments